PDA

View Full Version : Dehydration – A dilemma for cells and tissues

jessencraigs
04-02-2010, 09:09 AM
Common causes of Dehydration

The commonest cause of dehydration is diarrhea and vomiting. Diarrhea makes the body lose large amount of water and electrolytes from the body and about 1.5 million children, including infants, die from diarrhea dehydration from all over the world. High fever can also cause dehydration. People who sweat excessively are prone to dehydration. Vigorous exercising, tedious physical activities and humid, warm weather conditions are few reasons contributing to the causes of dehydration. Too much urination causes fluid loss leading towards dehydration. Third degree burn patients are also prone to dehydration.

Symptoms of Dehydration

Mild dehydration manifests first with sticky and dry mouth. Often children and adults facing this problem at a moderate level feel low, sleepy and inactive. Urination reduces noticeably and the continuous thirst is felt. Mild or severe headache and weakness of the muscles are two other symptoms of dehydration. Acute dehydration is considered an emergency by the doctors. The mucous membranes, skin and mouth becomes extremely dry, urination stops and the patient starts feeling dizzy. Blood pressures falls drastically, heartbeat increases all of a sudden and body temperature increases in this case.

Risks related to Dehydration

As far infants and kids are concerned, most of them fall sick and even lead to death because of dehydration, as a result of diarrhea. In adults, the body’s capacity to retain fluid reduces and they become inclined to dehydration. There are certain other diseases which are closely related to dehydration and they are diabetes, kidney problems, alcoholism, cystic fibrosis etc. The athletes, suffering from dehydration will see a remarkable fall in their endurance level. People residing at the higher altitudes are open to the risk of dehydration.

Vega
05-17-2010, 03:19 PM
With Summer fastly approaching, it's important to stay hydrated in the hot weather. I actually suffered from heat exhaustion a few years ago on a gold course. I didn't stay hydrated and I got really weak and was vomiting. I could barely walk and my heart rate was increasing. An ambulance was called and they gave me oxygen and an IV. It was definitely a scary situation that could have been avoided if I had just stayed hydrated and drank plenty of water.

jonyroger
07-23-2010, 05:27 AM
In adults, the body's ability to retain the liquid reduces and they become prone to dehydration. There are other diseases that are closely related to dehydration, diabetes, kidney problems, alcoholism, cystic fibrosis athletes suffering from dehydration will see a remarkable decrease in their level of endurance. People living at high altitude are open to the risk of dehydration.

calatheamartinez
08-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I myself have suffered from heat stroke a couple of years ago, gold course. I do not stay hydrated and I am really weak and was vomiting. I could hardly walk and my heart was growing. There are other diseases that are closely related to dry, diabetes, kidney disease, alcoholism, cystic fibrosis, and sports women who suffer from dehydration is a significant drop in their level of sustainability.

nicodemusliam
08-04-2010, 10:07 AM
If you are suffering from any or all of the above symptoms, you should reach a doctor at the earliest so that he can perform certain tests to diagnose the problem and start the treatment. Sometimes blood tests are performed to check the electrolyte content of the body.

johnrembo09
09-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for sharing such kind of useful information. I like to know about new things it increase my knowledge. I definitely respect you're knowledge and wisdom. It Will help people like me who are searching this type of information. I hope you send more information like this.

justinpaul44
09-16-2010, 02:34 AM
The fine structure of interstitial cells of connective tissue in the kidney of Achatina achatina and the skin of the snail Arion hortensis is described and evidence is presented showing that these cells in the latter species are involved in the synthesis of respiratory blood pigment hemocyanin. When cells enter the program of aging, they proliferate and undergo a series of morphological changes and functional.

dominicjoe
09-18-2010, 05:47 AM
People have an ability to withstand a remarkable degree of dehydration and rebound with oral dehydration. If it works for children in Bangladesh, where a gallon of them diarrhea diarrhea, one day, the work of a young man, with a little vomiting.

ainsleymorey
10-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Dehydrate you a day where starvation to take a month or so will be based on your weight and activity level can kill in less. Your body from everything you eat or drink water, but clear liquid to the water fast and easy way to provide your body needs to be. Sports drinks and special drinks like Pedialyte are good choices because they needed the electrolytes you normally dehydration due to vomiting or diarrhea if you lose, or lose excess fluid through sweating.

deanherald
10-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Dehydration occurs when the amount of water leaving the body is greater than the amount taken into the body is very dynamic and constantly evolving. This is especially true with the water in the body. We lose water regularly.

rickykalis3
11-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Dehydration occurs when the body except the amount of water being greater than the amount in dehydration is a condition that occurs when someone loses more fluid than he or she takes in. Dehydration as serious problem for teens as it can not be for children or young children. Dehydration means your body as much water and fluids is not as it should.

petterharry5
11-03-2010, 09:13 AM
Mild dehydration and dry mouth with sticky first appears. Often children and adults experiencing a moderate level of the problem is less felt, sleep and inactive.Blood connective tissue present in the fluid communication system as an important body fluid.

alonzatom
11-13-2010, 04:59 AM
Well according to my point of view, I think that it occurs when the amount of water leaving the body is greater than the amount being taken in.