PDA

View Full Version : The Real Secret to Dieting and Weight Loss

lorenzocadman
03-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Do you really to see another article on losing weight? Does the world need another article? I'm guessing you know the answer, or you wouldn't be reading this now. The answer is yes. There is so much misinformation going around about how to lose weight that the truth needs to be told more often.

I know you've heard the misinformation. Some of the worst is that you can lose 11 pounds in 7 days. Actually that is true, kind of. Funny thing is, you wouldn't have lost 11 pounds of fat. And that's the whole point right? Why lose water or muscle? Its the fat you want to lose.

Dieting gimmicks just don't work. Saying don't eat that pasta, or have a grapefruit on every third day for breakfast aren't the answer. Also, it's not like when you learn the secrets that you can suddenly then just go eat and do whatever and you'll keep the weight off. It doesn't work like that.

Okay, so what is the secret? Fat is a very powerful storehouse of energy. It's physically impossible to lose more than about a pound a week of it. Seriously. There is just too many calories stored up in fat to lose it quicker. Also, how long did it take you to gain the fat? Did it happen in a week? Was it just in a month?

No, obviously. So, the expectation that you can take it off in just days is nonsense. Deep down inside you know it. It's just that we're all looking for quick ways out. I get that. I do too, but it's not going to help you in the long term.

Ianpeterson
05-25-2010, 06:54 AM
That is really useful information. I think this is best way to spread out this information. Diet and weight loss are very popular topic now a days. Thank you for sharing with us.

albertamosh
10-12-2010, 06:02 AM
Dieting and weight loss now become hot topic every where the reason might be the people now days more conscious about their diet and weight and secretes you have shared towards Dieting and weight loss is too good.....

moorepjennifer
10-27-2010, 08:40 PM
I just had a conversation on this subject my husband tonight. Recently, I planted my core outcome, he had mentioned that he wanted me to lose weight. Ah ha! Now, of course, I have been in the past, one of the women have been trying to lose weight, exercise (usually once) and claimed that "this will be the year!" But, somehow, through all my dieting hard, I always comforted that "at least my husband always accepted me, told me I look great!" So, you guessed it! I finally got a place, I accepted my body, thanks, I'm healthy, then. .

juliaanthen
11-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Every major health organization recommends eating five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables per day to maintain health. Drink lots of water, and avoid oily as well as junk foods are best way to dieting and weight loss.

khanasrar67
01-31-2011, 10:40 AM
one of the main causes of weight gain is dieting. Dieting makes you fat. As you reduce your food intake to lose weight, your body put itself on 'famine alert'. It gets the impression that food is scarce and therefore it slows down your metabolism to get the best use of the small amount of food it is receiving.

When you say you want to lose weight, what you actually want to lose is fat. If you lose weight rapidly, almost 25 percent of that weight loss can be made up of water, muscle and other lean tissue.

The reason for this is that your body is actually programmed to hold on to fat. So in times of what your body considers to be a 'famine', it will actually go as far as breaking down muscle and losing water in order to hold on to its fat reserves. Faddy diets suggest that you can lose up to 10 pounds in a week, but remember this: it is physically impossible to lose more than 900g (2lb) of body fat in a week.

Furthermore, if you lose weight quickly by restricting your intake and then go back to eating normally, a much higher percentage of the food you eat is laid down as fat. Why? Because your body wants to build up extra fat stores, in case this type of famine occurs again. There's also the question of metabolism. When you crash diet, your metabolism slows down to conserve energy and make the most out of the small amounts you are eating. What happens when you go back to eating normally? Well, everything you eat is being dealt with at a much slower rate and more fat is stored.

DavidC
03-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Weight loss can be such a struggle that we start thinking we have to do something drastic to see results -- diets, pills or those weird fitness gadgets on infomercials that promise instant success. The true secret to weight loss is this: Make small changes each and every day and you'll slowly (but surely) lose those extra pounds. The key is to forget about instant results and settle in for the long run.

dirkytator
09-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I think why lose weight is popular topic now a days because they just concious about their health and avoiding having somekind of sickness. So they're asking what is the best for losing weight so that they can find an answer and apply it to them. Im agree with your post, thanks to this forum...

lav.katherine
06-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Nice information. I hope with this i can loose my weight. :)