PDA

View Full Version : When Dieting Goes To Far

tater03
02-17-2008, 11:34 PM
I have a friend that I would honestly say is borderline anorexic. She started out on just a basic diet with watching what she eats. As she has been on it and lost weight she just keeps wanting to lose more. She only needed to lose five pounds to begin with and really not even that. How in the world do you get someone like this to see what you are seeing?

trick-r-treat
02-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I don't know. I just always wonder what I look like to a skinny person who thinks they are fat. But it doesn't sound healthy at all, tater. She probably needs professional help.

MrsH
02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
yeah I second the need for professional help. I have talked to people who have been in the same situation as your friend and they say that they honestly saw themselves as 'fat' when looking in the mirror even though there where very underweight.

katharina
02-18-2008, 03:14 PM
yeah I second the need for professional help. I have talked to people who have been in the same situation as your friend and they say that they honestly saw themselves as 'fat' when looking in the mirror even though there where very underweight.

I think there's a definite line between the 'real' disease of anorexia and a lot of girls today who *choose* it because they think it's in vogue or something.

SageMother
02-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I have a friend that I would honestly say is borderline anorexic. She started out on just a basic diet with watching what she eats. As she has been on it and lost weight she just keeps wanting to lose more. She only needed to lose five pounds to begin with and really not even that. How in the world do you get someone like this to see what you are seeing?

I think it might help for people in this situation to see some of the changes made to photos of popular models and celebrities. Even though the anorexic uses the word "fat" It might actually be "legs aren't long enough" or "neck is too short" that is being interpreted as "fat".

What the anorexic is reacting to might be proportions and not weight.

tater03
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Thanks you guys. I just don't think she sees at all that she has a problem but I will keep trying. I have even went and shown her pictures of herself from before and after hoping that she would see the change but that didn't seem to work either.

riskey58
02-19-2008, 11:28 PM
You see that happening more. It is so said. I just wonder what they really see when they look at themself . I think the only way out is professional help.

SageMother
02-19-2008, 11:34 PM
Thanks you guys. I just don't think she sees at all that she has a problem but I will keep trying. I have even went and shown her pictures of herself from before and after hoping that she would see the change but that didn't seem to work either.
There is a time to back away from and issue and just enjoy the time you have with someone. Even if it is difficult, enjoying the friendship for what it is, is probably more important than anything else right now.

katharina
02-21-2008, 01:30 PM

I know someone like this... frankly, nothing will work if it doesn't come from within herself. She had lost pretty much weight and dropped 2 or 3 pant sizes. She still saw "fat" and reminding her that if she'd still be the same size, she wouldn't be able to fit into the new jeans didn't make much of a difference. :(

tater03
02-21-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks, I think you are right though. I don't want to ruin the friendship so I will just be there for her and enjoy the friendship itself. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.

SageMother
02-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks, I think you are right though. I don't want to ruin the friendship so I will just be there for her and enjoy the friendship itself. Hopefully it will all work out in the end.
I can tell that you really care about your friend. That might make all the difference in the world to her.

Hang in there!

Atte2d
09-20-2008, 05:44 PM
How did we become such big fat bigots? Why are we heaping so much scorn on people who are overweight? I don't think anyone sets out to become a size 24, any more than anyone sets out to become addicted to 20 Winfields a day - weight gain, like an addiction, can sneak up on you. But at least if you're a smoker who's trying to give up, you have a couple of things going for you. One is a national Quitline which offers free support and encouragement. The other is a ban on tobacco advertising. If you're overweight and trying to change your eating habits, on the other hand, there's no escape from the promotion of the kind of foods that feed a weight problem.

shane90
02-08-2010, 11:03 AM

i totally agree with you that's she need to concerned the physician and follow the instruction and recommendation of the physician ...

Ianpeterson
05-25-2010, 07:00 AM
You have to make a plan for your diet and select a foods which is rich source of protein and vitamins. Start the regular exercise on daily basis. Thank you.

shane90
06-17-2010, 06:13 AM
I think it might help for people in this situation to see some of the changes made to photos of popular models and celebrities. Even though the anorexic uses the word "fat" It might actually be "legs aren't long enough" or "neck is too short" that is being interpreted as "fat

jhonydeep3305
07-07-2010, 10:52 AM
Yes, you. = (That sounds like when I went to my little episode for consumption. It's very, very bad. You have to face this now. ASAP. I ignored my problem for a long, long, and I lost all my years of school to care body image as crazyyyyy, and now I feel like I lost a lot of time that could be fun = (Yes, it is well ahead of the food mourn.

alphonsoalva
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
I can respect people who are trying to lose weight or be healthier, if not give me a lesson or go on and on about this, especially when I am enjoying my food! I asked my mother to keep these comments to himself, as it is very discouraging for all and despite their efforts, sometimes you can not stop being a hypocrite if I laughed and I thank my lucky stars I managed not inherit this trait in particular.

alanwotson
10-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I believe that your friends will really need professional help. I think eating is a joyous experience, but sometimes it's a bay. I think everyone should make a plan for their diet and also.I think she really has experience for advice.

khanasrar67
01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
Researchers have found that fat and thin people can eat roughly the same number of calories, but it seems that the type of food they are eating is different.

There is a very popular theory that goes something like: too much fat makes you fat. This may be right in principle (large amounts of saturated fat in the diet are not healthy), but it's important to remember that some fats are absolutely essential, hence their name: essential fatty acids.

DavidC
03-13-2011, 03:31 AM
The idea behind this completely free weight loss diet plan is quite simple... it's the ANTI-fad diet. It is the complete opposite of every borderline idiotic and completely unnecessary diet program in existence. It is based strictly on common sense and the simplest and healthiest way the human body was meant to lose weight. It is not based on fancy gimmicks and making sales.

lav.katherine
05-14-2012, 11:37 AM
when i have to loose my weight i maintain my diet and look after all oily food and creamy items vanishes, eating only fruits and juices no wheat items, after that i would go on to my favorite ultralifeshop.co.uk and their i buy some healthy living slims shakes for me. :)