PDA

View Full Version : Strangest Diets

Jewel
02-16-2008, 11:20 PM
What are some of the strangest diets that you have seen most recently? Is there anything that has particularly stood out to you?

I remember hearing about a chocolate diet about a month ago, but I really can't remember what exactly it was comprised of. It did make me wonder what it would be like to be on an all chocolate diet though. ;)

debrajean
02-17-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm not a real big fan of chocolate so a chocolate wouldn't work so well for me. I actually think the whole carb free thing is just not realistic. Carbs are a very important part of any diet. You just have to learn not to overdo.

Jewel
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I think that the no carb diets are pretty ridiculous myself. I remember my mom going through the Atkins phase, and I was trying to get her to stop because it's just completely unhealthy to cut out an entire food group from your diet.

riskey58
02-17-2008, 09:31 PM
The strangest diet that I ever tried was one that you had to eat plane tuna fish. It was so bad, and did not stay on it long.

SageMother
02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
I think diets that rely on tea are strange because the reasoning behind them is so iffy.

tater03
02-17-2008, 11:25 PM
I would have to go with the fasting type diets. I also agree with the Atkins diet not being a healthy one.

trick-r-treat
02-18-2008, 02:41 AM
I heard something about a cookie diet. I didn't even bother looking into that one!!

katharina
02-18-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not a real big fan of chocolate so a chocolate wouldn't work so well for me. I actually think the whole carb free thing is just not realistic. Carbs are a very important part of any diet. You just have to learn not to overdo.

I think this way, too... carbs are important, fats (to a certain degree) are important, too.. any fad diet that cuts something out usually ends up being in the news eventually for *not* being so great for us after all.

MrsH
02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
I heard something about a cookie diet. I didn't even bother looking into that one!!

I actually sort of was on that one for a year. Not on purpose though. I used to be a nanny for baby twins. They were just 5 months when I started to care for them. I was alone with them from 6 am to 8 pm. They were impossible to get on any kind of schedule and they never slept or eat at the same time. So.. the only thing I was able to eat was what I could grab and eat in a min, which was cookies. I actually lost 30 pounds - but its possible that also was due to not sitting still at all until 8 pm...

Green-Moo
02-19-2008, 01:31 PM
I think all you have to do is look at the Google Ads at the top of this page to be introduced to some pretty strange diets!!

katharina
02-19-2008, 02:32 PM
I used to be a nanny for baby twins. They were just 5 months when I started to care for them. I was alone with them from 6 am to 8 pm. They were impossible to get on any kind of schedule and they never slept or eat at the same time. So.. the only thing I was able to eat was what I could grab and eat in a min, which was cookies. I actually lost 30 pounds - but its possible that also was due to not sitting still at all until 8 pm...

:) Well now! I think I like the sound of this cookie diet! Wonder if it would work for candy bars, too? :eek: I guess as long as more calories are burned than are eaten, anything would work... but I'm sure I'd feel sick with too much of anything including chocolate. (I can't believe I just said that! hehe)

RFL1986
02-19-2008, 07:04 PM
It would be fun to try a cookie diet but I'm sure I'd feel constantly sick if I had to stick to just them for too long. I haven't tried any extreme diet but when money was tight in university I did have to go with the pasta and toast forced "diet" and I lost about twenty or thirty pounds . . . probably from malnutrition.

tater03
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
After I got off of here yesterday I thought of one that always seemed strange to me and that was the cookie diet I seen advertised once. Anyone ever heard of this diet?

riskey58
02-19-2008, 11:24 PM

I have never heard of a cookie diet. I would like to see it just to see what it would have to say. I just can't imagine a cookie diet.

tater03
02-21-2008, 09:37 PM
I wish I had more information on it for you but I have yet to catch it on TV again. I am with you though it is hard to really think that this would work.

Calypso
02-21-2008, 11:12 PM
I think I've seen ads for the cookie diet. Apparently it's a low calorie cookie with all kinds of nutrients. Kinda takes the fun out of the whole concept of cookie if you ask me.

JeffCollins
01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Chocklate really works great for me.

alexjoan
03-05-2010, 10:31 AM
The Sleeping Beauty diet:
The principle behind this diet is: ?if you aren?t awake, you aren?t eating?. The Sleeping Beauty Diet, a regime that allows the dieter to literally sleep off the pounds while under heavy sedation for several days. Elvis was reportedly a fan of that one, right about the time when he was having a little trouble squeezing into those trademark white jump suits
________
Wendie 99 (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

rifyraina
06-29-2010, 07:16 AM
Chocolate diet! This is sound like Diet with test!
I have some Strangest diet examples, hope it will help you,
Cabbage Soup Diet
Vinegar Diet
Sleeping Beauty Diet
Martha’s Vineyard Diet
The Breatharian Diet

princecarspian
07-24-2010, 11:18 AM
I do not know much about the chocolate diet but I am doing Macrobiotic Diet.The macrobiotic diet is actually very old. He comes to eating grains as a staple food supplemented with other foodstuffs such as vegetables and beans, and avoiding the use of very refined processed foods. This is probably the least bizarre diet in the list, but it has a salient feature: some leaders in the field of macrobiotics advocate smoking for good health, saying that it is non-macrobiotic foods that Smoking causes cancer.

johnysmith0009
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
It is very good topic to discuss the strangest diet. It is very interesting for everyone. There are so many different diets macrobiotic strange, Cabbage Soup Diet Fruitarianism, Sleeping Beauty Food and many more diets, in my opinion, I think that the macrobiotic diet is best for everyone.

stanelyshane
09-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Well, as my experience I have seen that a person to loss the weight he was follow the diet program daily but in his diet there is too much quantity of the food and also follow the too much exercise to burn the unnecessary calories. But as my view that's strategy is not effectively work.

noriorafu
09-27-2010, 10:31 AM
strangest diet I ever tried was what you should eat bluefin tuna in the car. It was so bad, and stay on it for a long time.

alanwotson
10-08-2010, 10:09 AM
I do not know much about the diet of chocolate, but I am doing Diet.The macrobiotic diet macrobiotics is actually very old. It's going to eat as a staple food grains to supplement other foods such as vegetables and avoiding highly refined processed foods.

Alicia23
10-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Cabbage soup, and little else. For seven days we eat only cabbage soup, along with a limited amount of fruits, vegetables and meat. Although some studies have shown that the soup before a meal can be encouraged to consume fewer calories, the cabbage soup diet is basically a starvation diet. But even if you are hungry and miserable for a few days, only to lose weight with this diet is water weight.

dickerson
10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Breatharians argue that food and water are not necessary, you can live alone in the sun. It has not been properly documented successes, and many have died trying to prove it. However, there are many famous breatharians with dedication after.

seoconsultant
10-25-2010, 10:42 AM
The principle of this diet is, if you are awake, you do not eat." Sleeping Beauty diet, a system that literally allows dieters to stay out of pounds, while heavy sedation for several days. Elvis was reportedly a fan of that, right, when he had some difficulty squeezing those trademark white suits.

stefanflemings
10-28-2010, 07:34 AM
If you are looking for yoga clothes, remember, the main purpose of what you need to reach the yoga clothes for you. You need the clothes to move with you in a variety of positions and provides the tissues need to have a softness and flow with the body.

robindecostaa
11-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Proper diet is most necessary for weight loss. Drink 9-10 glass of water per day. Eat green vegetables for weight loss. Daily eat one apple per day. Eat a little high quality protein food with each meal. Eat more Grape fruits. Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories. Avoid foods that are high in sugars.

hendrypoter
11-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Attached to the human intestinal tapeworm, a parasite as siphoning off nutrients from the food you eat. If you eat a tapeworm cysts, let it grow in you, who claimed that the worm diet will help you lose 1-2 pounds a week.

jonesboon
11-19-2010, 09:59 AM
Cabbage soup, and much more. In seven days we eat only cabbage soup, with a limited amount of fruits, vegetables and meat. Although some studies have shown that the soup before a meal can be encouraged to consume fewer calories, the cabbage soup diet is essentially a starvation diet. But even if you're hungry, and miserable for a few days, than to lose in this plan is the weight of water.

russell
11-24-2010, 05:51 AM
A balanced diet is necessary to lose weight. Drink 9-10 glass of water per day. Eat green vegetables for weight loss. Everyday eating an apple a day. Eat a little food of high quality protein at every meal. Eat more fruits of the grape. Avoid foods that are high in fat and calories.

joshrego
11-29-2010, 05:22 AM
I have heard about some strange diets some of which are:
1. Banana Diet
2. Egg diet
3. choclate diet.
4. cabbage soup diet
5. chewing diet.
6. Tapeworm diet.

darkprince132
11-29-2010, 04:15 PM
A few eggs in the National Assembly about the version on the Internet. The most popular version, in fact, no eggs to eat a diet composition, it does not matter get the most from the egg protein.

brayanfraser
11-29-2010, 05:00 PM
True schemes are those old school where you eat a wide variety of healthy foods in smaller portions. Mixed with his motion a no brainer.

Trophy20
12-14-2010, 10:52 AM
I am constantly sick if I had to stay with them for too long. I have tried every diet extreme, but when money was scarce in college, I have to go with the pasta and toast forced regime and lost about twenty or thirty pounds probably from malnutrition.

bra12vo
12-18-2010, 09:01 AM
A unique thread with unique comments, no doubt its strangest diet ever