PDA

View Full Version : Favourite veg to grow?

Green-Moo
02-15-2008, 09:17 AM
What's your favourite veg to grow yourself? I can't decide between tomato, because they are so fabulous to eat straight from the vine, or pumpkin type veg because you can almost see them grow daily.

Green-Moo

tater03
02-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Mine would have to be tomato's just because they grow so easy and plentiful for me. Not to mention that I love eating them.

riskey58
02-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Mine is tomatoes and peppers. I think they taste so much better when you can pick them and bring them in and eat them.

Jewel
02-15-2008, 11:24 PM
I really don't know what I would want to grow the most. I don't grow anything right now, but I think that tomatoes or even bell peppers would be my favorite.

Green-Moo
02-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Tomatoes picked straight from the vine have a totally different flavour from the tasteless ones you get in the shops. And if the sun has been on them & they are slightly warm they are even better! Sometimes out of season I go & sniff the air in my greenhouse where the smell is concentrated. Does that make me a bit strange? ;)

I love growing cherry tomato varieties too, but very few of those end up in my kitchen as I pick them whilst I'm out & about.

Green-Moo

SageMother
02-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Tomatoes are good but so is Swiss Chard, which is a mild Collard Green, sort of like Kale. It is a good source of calcium. I

rubybeetle
02-17-2008, 05:50 PM
I love to grow tomatoes, but I don't like tomato worms! How do you deal with them? I pick them off and feed them to my chicken. :D

juliemilburn
10-26-2008, 07:03 PM
I love cucumbers - as easy to grow as tomatoes and the taste of fresh, home organically grown ones is streets ahead of shop bought ones and my kids love them too.

leosmith678
05-06-2010, 12:20 PM
I am very fond of growing veggies. I have made a special vegetable garden for growing veggies separately in my banglow. I love to grow brinjals, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, green groud etc. I am on diet so this helps as a good diet food to me.

earlycoyle
09-15-2010, 07:02 AM
My favorite vegetable for grow is all type of green vegetables. It's provide all types of vitamins. Moreover it's very helpful against any disease. I take daily one green vegetable at my dinner.

jimtrailor
10-06-2010, 01:54 PM
My Favourite veg to grow :

- Spinach beet
- Tomatoes
- Potatoes
- Carrot
- Peppers
- Beets
- Radishes

marcellusmurphy
11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
I have made a special vegetable garden for growing veggies separately in my banglow. I love to grow brinjals, onions, cabbage, tomatoes, cucumbers, green groud etc. I am on diet so this helps as a good diet food to me.

keng02
04-12-2011, 08:16 AM
What's your favourite veg to grow yourself? I can't decide between (http://www.hermesbagsseller.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_35) tomato, because they are so fabulous to eat straight from the vine, or pumpkin type veg because you can almost see them grow daily.

Micheal
04-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Tomatoes are good but I like to grow Potatoes, Lemon and all green vegetables... As we all know that green vegetables contains vitamins and helps in controlling your health..

lav.katherine
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
All green vegetables and simple vegetables are easy to grow If and only If you are good Gardner. :)