PDA

View Full Version : Urinary Tract Infection

Jewel
02-10-2008, 02:58 AM
I am wondering if many of others here have experienced UTIs at all. I get them often, usually the will feel better for a couple of days and then come back. How do you prevent them, or cure them?

MrsH
02-10-2008, 10:26 AM
You should go to the doctor and get antibiotic. When its all clear. Try to 'dab' rather then wipe after you have been to toilet. Also try to wear cotton underwear which is a bit lose fitting. Make sure to go to toilet often (holding it in can make it worse) and lastly don't let that "area" get very cold. I remember getting UTI a lot as a child during winter time because I spent so much time playing outside in the snow.

Good luck

emsy99
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Also, drinking cranberry juice is supposed to help too, I can't vouch for it as I don't actually like cranberry juice!

Jewel
02-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. I did not know that the cold had that much of an effect. I do a lot of sitting, so I thought maybe that contributes as well, but I'm not sure.

tater03
02-10-2008, 11:45 PM
Also make sure you wipe front to back. I have heard that not doing this can cause UTI's quite a bit. I used to get them quite a bit when I was younger but for some reason not as much anymore. Thank goodness.

SageMother
02-11-2008, 01:09 AM
I suggest going to a doctor to find out what the UTI is. It could be chlamydia. Whatever the bacteria is, if it returns then you probably need to smack it around with some big guns! LOL

fiona
02-11-2008, 06:17 AM
I maybe experience this once a year if there happens to be a dramatic change in my system. I drink a lot of cranberry juice so this helps with preventing this from occurring.

Jewel
02-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Also make sure you wipe front to back. I have heard that not doing this can cause UTI's quite a bit. I used to get them quite a bit when I was younger but for some reason not as much anymore. Thank goodness.

Yeah, I've heard the same thing and have been making sure to do that. About how old were you when you would them often?

I suggest going to a doctor to find out what the UTI is. It could be chlamydia. Whatever the bacteria is, if it returns then you probably need to smack it around with some big guns! LOL

I'm positive that it is not Chlamydia. I've only been sexually active with one person, and both of us have been tested. Thanks!

Calypso
02-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I get maybe one or two UTIs a year. They're terrible, aren't they? I usually end up going to the doctor for antibiotics.

trick-r-treat
02-14-2008, 01:55 AM
I get UTI's every now and then, too, and try to take care of them as soon as possible. Usually AZO will help right away. I had gotten a really bad kidney infection once and was told that I must have had a urinary tract infection and didn't treat it. I was really surprised at that, because there is usually no mistaking it when it comes.

shane90
06-29-2010, 05:47 AM
I think you should Try to 'dab' rather then swab after you have been to toilet. Also trial to wear cotton fabric underwear which is a bit misplace fitting. Make certain to proceed to lavatory often (holding it in can make it worse) and finally don't let that "area" get very cold

kevinpeter1
07-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Normally, urine is sterile. It is usually free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi but does contain fluids, salts, and waste products. An infection occurs when tiny organisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply.A urinary tract infection is an infection that begins in your urinary system.