PDA

View Full Version : Eating more when you feel ill.

lovetochat
02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
I have a cold and I have been eating like a horse. Why can't I be one of those people who get ill and don't want to eat? Is it normal to want to eat more?

Liza
02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
To be honest, I have never heard of such a case, its normally the other way around. I guess you don't fell much like exercising too....to burn up some of those calories. :D

emsy99
02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Hav eyou heard the phrase "feed a cold , starve a fever" - that's what I've always been told anyway , so sounds like you are doing the right thing!

MrsH
02-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Apparently you feel more hungry when you are cold. Maybe this goes for feeling cold when you are sick too. I heard that restaurants take advantage of this (that you eat more when you feel cold) so they always make sure its slight cooler then comfortable in the restaurants.

baldmonkee
02-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Hav eyou heard the phrase "feed a cold , starve a fever" - that's what I've always been told anyway , so sounds like you are doing the right thing!

That's exactly what came to my mind as well. Normally I eat more when I have a cold as well, the only time I eat less is if my stomach is upset

tater03
02-03-2008, 01:59 AM
When I have a head cold I tend to eat more. But if I have a sore throat or the stomach flu that is when I tend not to eat as much. I have never lost weight though do to being sick.

ammulu
02-03-2008, 03:40 AM
Sorry to say that I too never heard of such a thing nor did I face such a situation. I generally don't feel like eating much when I am ill rather feel like being lying on the bed and have perfect rest.

SageMother
02-03-2008, 04:28 PM
It is usually best to go with what your body is telling you. If you are hungry just be very choosy about what you eat. There is nothing worse than getting over a cold and then having to deal with 20 extra pounds!

LOL

ammulu
02-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah extra pounds seem to be really tough, I rather lose many pounds when I am sick, good and easy way to lose weight I guess, LOL. But hard to really deal with because I get sick very rarely and when I am sick it is really worse.

debrajean
02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
When I'm really sick, eating is the last thing on my mind. All I want to do is lie in bed and sleep. But, when it's over, I'm starving!

alexjoan
03-05-2010, 10:36 AM
Change your eating habits to get more calories:

* Eat when you are hungry, not just at mealtimes.
* Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large ones.
* Keep healthy snacks handy.
* Do not fill up on liquids before or during your meals.
* Ask your doctor or nurse if you can have a glass of wine or beer with your meal. It may make you feel like eating more.
________
perfect tits Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/big-tits/)

shane90
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I think you have to take the advice from a doctor what he recommend you to eat or not, because the doctors know better what is better in during the illness to eat..

rooshidavid
04-19-2010, 12:46 PM
It is strictly restricted that during illness one should not eat much. The best way to cure illness is to go starving or take very light diet. Starving does not gives energy to the harmful enzymes in the body so many of them dies. Also boil water should be drunk more during illness.

spirowilliam
07-27-2010, 03:38 PM
There is the true eat less at the ill. The reason is that due to the illness the digestion power is reduce and do not work with its maximum ability. Therefore, there is advisable that eat less at the ill to reduce the harmful to the health.

stanelyshane
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Basically, when person is ill then his/her digestion power is effectively reduce. So when person eat more as the duration of the illness then not digest the food properly and increase the infection of the viruses. Therefore, there is preferable to avoid the eating more.

albertamosh
10-12-2010, 05:58 AM
This something new i have heard but as per mine knowledge or when i actually got ill the diet as compare the normal is half of that that means i eat less.....

seoconsultant
10-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Perhaps this feeling of a cold when you are sick too. I have heard that restaurants take advantage of this you eat more when they feel cold, so always make sure that their prices a bit, then ease into the restaurants.

jonathanhaze
11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
It is important to get adequate protein and calories so you do not lose too much weight. Good food will help you deal with your illness and treatment side effects better.
Change your diet to increase caloric intake:
Eating when hungry, not just during meals.
Eat 5 or 6 small meals a day instead of 3 large.
Keep healthy snacks on hand.
Not filling of liquids before or during your meals.
Ask your doctor or nurse if you have a glass of wine or beer with your meal. It can make you feel like eating more.
Ask others to prepare food for you. You may feel like eating, but you might not have enough energy to cook.
Make eating more enjoyable:
Use a soft lighting and relaxing music.
Eating with family or friends.
Listen to the radio or watch television.
Try new recipes or new foods.
If you feel, make some simple meals and freeze them to eat later. Ask your doctor or nurse about "Meals on Wheels or other programs that bring food to your home.

rusty_theron11
11-15-2010, 08:38 AM
I have also same habit like you when i am ill than i Eat more. I thing it is good.
different people have different mind.

eithencox
11-20-2010, 10:25 AM
It just means that the disease should not eat much. The best way to cure illness is to hungry or have a very light diet. Hunger does not give you the energy of harmful enzyme in the body so many of them will die. Also be cooked in water to drink more during the disease.

barry.marksman
11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Yes it is true.You should eat more when you are ill because you will be tired or you will lose your energy when are ill so you need energy that time and the only things that will give an energy is the food and fruits so you need to eat more when you are ill.I am doing this and you can also do this.The doctors also gives you like this advice.

kasrar28
01-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Its normal , dont feel bad, just eat and enjoy

HARVEY
02-11-2011, 07:02 AM
I can not eat any thing while i am ill, i take just few drinks and nothing els,
but when i recover i feel i eat more then my normal routine.

nvinita93
03-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Of course it is fact as at the moment when we get ill, we need more energy and power so we have to eat more. And unconsciously we do so many times.

lav.katherine
05-28-2012, 12:21 PM
well that is normal may be. when my sis and my dad gets ill they eat all the time but not too much i mean when they feel hungry they say they want to eat something good to taste. but when i got sick. i stop eating any thing even if i am feeling hungry when i was completely well then i start eating things. well every one is different you are unique piece. :)