PDA

View Full Version : mixing protein and carbs

Lyndsey
01-28-2008, 02:26 AM
I heard a nutritionist say you should never mix protein and carbs ( which would technically mean no sanwiches with meat), but I heard someone on a low glycemic diet say she was told not to eat carbs by themselves. Which is right? Under what circumstances?

tater03
01-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I personally have not heard this yet. Hopefully someone on here might know more because I would be interested to know if this is true. I love my sandwiches but I did have a feeling that they might not be all that great for me.

baldmonkee
01-30-2008, 01:09 PM
I've never heard of any negatives from mixing proteins and carbs either, did they say it was just in the same bite like sandwiches, or on the same plate like spaghetti and meatballs or steak and potatoes as well?

Jewel
01-30-2008, 09:11 PM
I've actually never heard this, but I think it would be nice to get some more opinions. I wonder why that is though, if it's true?

emsy99
02-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I'v ebeen told that when I have carbs, I shouldalways have a bit of protein too! I think it helps to stop your blood sugar shooting up so dramatically ( but I'm not positive about that!!)

juliemilburn
10-26-2008, 06:41 PM
From my research both approaches have been advocated for weight loss. Splitting protein from carbohydrate is called food combining diet and was first developed as the Hay diet. The idea of this is that your body uses different digestive enzymes for the digestion of each food group - proteins need acid, carbohydrates need alkali. Eating them together leads to food taking longer to digest and incomplete digestion of food particles which get turned into fat balls of toxins and cellulite. Food combining leads to better digestion and allows the body to burn fat - you should not eat protein and carbohydrates at the same meal. this approach also includes how to eat fruit - this should always be eaten on its own.
British nutritionist Patrick Holford designed the low-GL diet - this is based on a principle called the Glycaemic load (GL) which is about stabilising blood sugar levels and insulin responses. One aspect of this is eating certain types (but only in small amounts) of carbohydrates with protein.

Rickey R
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Thanks for sharing the information guys. I think we should choose either protein or carbs. Protein is goos gaining muscles and carbs will help in loosing weight.

Weight loss system (http://www.weight-loss-diet.com.au)

Keaton
01-30-2010, 04:00 AM
It's a very good post to see the information. All weight loss supplements will mix proteins and carbs with other ingredients to help people to get rid of over weight and it helps to have a balanced diet too.

shane90
02-12-2010, 06:42 AM
I heard a nutritionist say you should never mix protein and carbs ( which would technically mean no sanwiches with meat), but I heard someone on a low glycemic diet say she was told not to eat carbs by themselves. Which is right? Under what circumstances?

After 16 yrs medical practice Dr Hay's health broke down, he developed high blood pressure, brights disease and a dilated heart. There being no treatment available for dilated heart at the time Dr Hay was inspired to treat his own symptoms.

He did this by eating 'fundamentally' as he called it, taking foods in a natural form and not mixing proteins and starches at the same meal.

jackjollyy
09-27-2010, 06:34 AM
Splitting protein from carbohydrate is called food combining diet and was first developed as the Hay diet. Eating them together leads to food taking longer to digest and incomplete digestion of food particles which get turned into fat balls of toxins and cellulite.

lakirarodricks
10-30-2010, 06:56 AM
I personally have not heard yet. Hopefully someone here might know more, because I would be interested to know if this is true. I love sandwiches, but I had a feeling that can not be all good for me.

dain45yl
11-04-2010, 05:01 AM
I've never heard of any negatives from mixing proteins and carbs either, did they say it was just in the same bite like sandwiches, or on the same plate like spaghetti and meatballs or steak and potatoes as well?

hendrypoter
11-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Meat is an excellent source of protein, should be your mixing protein and carbs, high protein foods all the parts. There are numerous changes in meat, you can choose. Including chicken, fish, pork and beef, and even in your main course.

joneswotson
11-26-2010, 05:36 AM
Fractionation of protein carbohydrate diet is called decoupled and has been designed as the Hay diet. Eating well leads to food takes longer to digest and the incomplete digestion of food particles that become fat balls of toxins and cellulite.

khanasrar67
01-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Usually, some carbohydrates will be eaten in any protein meal, because the vegetables so strongly advocated as absolutely essential in a protein meal contain carbohydrates. We can also add a tortilla or a few croutons to the meal and not exceed the body's ability to digest the protein. If the carbohydrates are less than 18% by volume, the body can still recognize the focus of the meal as protein and digest it accordingly. Some protein foods and some vegetables become starches when cooked for an extended period of time or at high temperatures, particularly above 200° F. Those foods include beans, corn and peas.

santa
04-03-2011, 03:11 AM
An ovarian cyst is any collection of fluid, surrounded by a very thin wall, within an ovary. Any ovarian follicle that is larger than about two centimeters is termed an ovarian cyst. An ovarian cyst can be as small as a pea, or larger than an orange.Most ovarian cysts are functional in nature, and harmless.Complex Ovarian Cyst (http://www.totalhealthathome.com/complex-ovarian-cyst.php)
In the US, ovarian cysts are found in nearly all premenopausal women, and in up to 14.8% of postmenopausal women.[citation needed]Ovarian cysts affect women of all ages. They occur most often, however, during a woman's childbearing years.Some ovarian cysts cause problems, such as bleeding and pain. Surgery may be required to remove cysts larger than 5 centimeters in diameter.

santa
04-03-2011, 03:25 AM
There are several other conditions affecting the ovary that are described as types of cysts, but are not usually grouped with the functional cysts. (Some of these are more commonly or more properly known by other names.) These include:Dermoid cystChocolate cyst of ovary: An endometrioma, endometrioid cyst, endometrial cyst, or chocolate cyst is caused by endometriosis, and formed when a tiny patch of endometrial tissue (the mucous membrane that makes up the inner layer of the uterine wall) bleeds, sloughs off, becomes transplanted, and grows and enlarges inside the ovaries.Complex Ovarian Cyst (http://www.totalhealthathome.com/complex-ovarian-cyst.php)
A polycystic-appearing ovary is diagnosed based on its enlarged size — usually twice normal —with small cysts present around the outside of the ovary. It can be found in "normal" women, and in women with endocrine disorders. An ultrasound is used to view the ovary in diagnosing the condition. Polycystic-appearing ovary is different from the polycystic ovarian syndrome, which includes other symptoms in addition to the presence of