PDA

View Full Version : Food Diary.

tater03
01-27-2008, 10:56 PM
Has anyone ever done one of these food diaries? Years ago I did and it really opened my eyes to what I consume on a daily basis and made it a lot easier to see where I could make improvements and what I could cut out foodwise. I did it every day for a month. I just thought I would share this with you guys in case you wanted to give it a try.

fiona
01-28-2008, 05:28 AM
I am currently doing that now but another purpose however I do agree it is a great way to be able to learn more of the type of foods that I have been eating.

tater03
01-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Yes, it does help to see what you eat on any given day. I was amazed at some of the things I ate and the times of day I ate them.

baldmonkee
01-30-2008, 01:07 PM
keeping a food diary is one of the best ways to diet effectively, people don't ever really see how much of everything they are consuming until it's written down in front of them. Having that resource to make adjustments to you caloric intake is incredibly valuable

SageMother
01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Has anyone ever done one of these food diaries? Years ago I did and it really opened my eyes to what I consume on a daily basis and made it a lot easier to see where I could make improvements and what I could cut out foodwise. I did it every day for a month. I just thought I would share this with you guys in case you wanted to give it a try.

A food diary is one of the main components in the Jenny Craig program so you are right about it making you conscious of what you eat. Even if you never actually write everything down, your thinking about having to account for what you have eaten keeps you aware!

Jewel
01-30-2008, 09:06 PM
I have never kept a food diary, but I can see it being very helpful in making you more conscious of what you are eating.

baldmonkee
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I'm pretty sure it was the University of San Diego that conducted a study in 2005 comparing weight loss results between dieters who kept a journal and those who didn't and the dieters who wrote everything down lost close to ten percent more weight than their counterparts who didn't. I think that's a pretty glowing recommendation for keeping a food diary or journal

lovetochat
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
I might try this. Sounds like a good idea. Certainly works for spending money - amazing where it goes without you realising, so I bet it works for eating as well!

emsy99
02-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Yes, I've done it when I was trying ot work out the cause of my migraines, and I was also amazed at the results!