PDA

View Full Version : Multi-vitamins

lovetochat
01-13-2008, 09:34 PM
Does anyone take a multi-vitamin supplement? I sometimes wonder if I should and often go through phases but I have never stuck to anything for long enough to notice any benefit. Anyone found something they recommend?

tater03
01-13-2008, 10:26 PM
I have been taking "One a Day" now for about six months. I don't think I have noticed much of a difference in how I feel but I figure it cannot hurt to make sure that you have enough of what your body needs.

MrsH
01-14-2008, 04:35 AM
I am but only because I am trying to get pregnant. I made my husband start taking vitamins though, thinking it will make him healthier too, however my husbands doctor did not seem to think it would matter much either way. The doctor just told us to eat healthy and get a variety of fruit and veggies in our diet.

lovetochat
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
I'm just worried that I might not get enough of certain vitamins or minerals. I guess if you have too much of a vitamin or mineral your body just gets rid of it? I mean like if you were getting enough through your food and then took a multivitamin as well - couldn't hurt?

xanadu324
01-18-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't think it makes much of a difference one way or the other unless you're sure you aren't getting enough of something (greens, iron, calcium, etc...) Most people who are on very strict diets (vegans/vegetarians) usually take supplements so that they can get the vitamins and minerals that they don't get by not eating meat.
I guess in all honesty, to me, if you're already eating healthy, you're probably getting the required nutrients, but it may not hurt in the long run.
I do definitely recommend taking a supplement if you are A)trying to get pregnant or B) are on strict dietary needs

I do recommend one a day, they seem to be the best in all aspects of vitamins.

SageMother
01-19-2008, 07:45 PM
I love taking vitamin B because it actually makes me feel better. Other than that, I don't take any extra vitamins.

debrajean
01-20-2008, 10:47 PM
I take a calcium supplement each day to keep my bones strong. I also take a vitamin B12 supplement to give a burst of energy midday.

3plus3
01-22-2008, 02:29 AM
I haven't taken vitamins in years. I need to. I used to take chrominium picolate (I think is what it was called) and vitamin E a lot.

emsy99
02-06-2008, 09:45 PM
I tend to go through phases of taking the "in" vitamin, but I never take it for long enough either!!

tater03
02-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I just heard on Oprah that you should cut your vitamin in half and take half in the morning and the other half in the evening. I guess because doing this will make your body absorb the vitamin better because they tend to go through you fast and you pee them out. Something like that anyway.

debrajean
02-06-2008, 10:17 PM
I haven't taken vitamins in years. I need to. I used to take chrominium picolate (I think is what it was called) and vitamin E a lot.

I had heard that chrominium picolate helped in weight loss. I tried it but never really saw any difference in my weight. I guess I was misinformed on that one.

katharina
02-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Does anyone take a multi-vitamin supplement? I sometimes wonder if I should and often go through phases but I have never stuck to anything for long enough to notice any benefit. Anyone found something they recommend?

I take (and have been taking for quite a while) a multi vitamin, a calcium supplement, and an extra vitamin C every day (well every day that I remember to do it :) ). I also have a cup of blackstrap and honey once in a while.

Liza
02-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I don't know if multivitamins works for me because I have not noticed any significantly difference. Maybe it's because I don't always remember to take them.:)

katharina
02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I don't know if multivitamins works for me because I have not noticed any significantly difference. Maybe it's because I don't always remember to take them.:)

I'm not sure you'd notice a difference from *taking* them, but you might notice a difference if you *weren't* taking them. That's why I choose to take a multi... no way to know what my health would be like if I wouldn't be taking them. :)

RFL1986
02-22-2008, 06:48 PM
I got sick far less often when I lived with my parents and had access to a daily multivitamin. Really I should be buying them anyway but they're one of the things that are hard to justify when you don't have much money. I'm a total advocate of their benefit though as I have definitely noticed a difference when not having them on hand.

Green-Moo
02-23-2008, 02:26 PM
I don't think it can hurt to take a daily multi-vitamin, but it's more important to eat a good choice of foods & get the correct vitamins & minerals that way.

Calypso
02-23-2008, 07:12 PM
When I remember, I try to take a multi-vitamin. I've been following a pretty stringent weight loss regimen recently, and I'm sure I'm probably not getting enough of all the vitamins and minerals we're supposed to have.

mcclintockjd
10-12-2008, 12:06 AM
spammer;....

Ronneyy
09-27-2010, 04:27 PM
The first thing you probably do when you are making decisions as to whether or not you should buy a certain supplement is look at what it contains.